10 August 2010

An excuse

One of the things I love about being female, and it is entirely a female thing, is that every once in a while, things just make sense, from a biological perspective. If you know what I mean.


Last Friday I received some information regarding my medical benefits that was moderately worrisome. I fretted about it off and on through the weekend. On Monday, I received some further information, but with no resolution plan in sight, it conjured up an extra dose of worry.


Throughout the day on Monday, I kept reminding myself of the serenity prayer, the thing that often helps me find the center of calm. But I was still distressed.


And last night, my lovely Cristy-bella made some mini chocolate brownie lava cakes. With great restraint, I ate only one and it was delicious. I immediately felt better, not just because of the chocolate, but that never hurts.


I didn’t stew that much this morning about the situation, but a little signal reminded me that even at my advanced age, stress and anxiety almost always accompany a normal human function, of the female persuasion.

And I feel even better with the knowledge that I have a built-in, gender-ready excuse for my grumpy worrisome distress of the past couple of days. It’s almost as though I get to write myself an excuse. As a young girl, I used to love it when my mom would write an excuse note for me – it was like a huge sigh of relief. This feels EXACTLY the same way.

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I can be the same way sometimes (grumpy worrisome destress ). It's called Male PMS - HA!

    In the past few months, I've had a lot of suddenly changes in my life. And yet, it's funny, because that "little voice" inside me keeps saying, "It'll all work out for the highest good. You're being taken care of, so don't worry." And guess what? It HAS all been working out.

    However, I wish I had had some of Cristy's mini chocolate brownie lava cakes. It would have made my worrying so much more delicious - HA!

    ((( Diane ))))

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling, just something that overcomes me...been feeling blah lately. I need Christy's mini chocolate brownie lava cakes! Recipe? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is....whats my wife's excuse? She is well past the age where she can have a note written for her.

    ReplyDelete